Nordic Walking Guy's 3 rules: Rule 1

What does it take to achieve your goals through Nordic walking? You need to follow these three rules to build fitness through Nordic walking.
  1. Walk with purpose!
  2. Be consistent!
  3. Don't eat like a teenager!
Nordic walking is fun, but you need to walk with purpose to get the most out of the activity. It's so fun, in fact, I tend to fall into daydreaming and letting my mind wander. There's nothing wrong with that, but, if I'm not careful, my purposeful stride will turn into a leisurely stroll. My stride shortens, and my arm swing slows.

That's not what I'm out there for.

I remind myself to get back on pace by looking forward toward where I'm going and trying to feel the push with my poles. Looking forward and feeling the push helps me get back into a purposeful stride. Feeling the push brings me back to what I'm out there for: to reap the benefits of Nordic walking.
It brings to mind how we get through our days. We stay focused on what we're trying to accomplish, and we can do that by looking forward to our goals and also by reinvigorating what we're doing to get to those goals.