Time to move!



Key point: "…the most effective, potent way that we can improve quality of life and duration of life is exercise."

Important points:
  • "…many positive changes occur throughout the body during and right after a workout."
  • "…only 20% of Americans get the recommended 150 minutes of strength and cardiovascular physical activity per week."
  • "…more than half of all Baby Boomers report doing no exercise whatsoever."
  • "…80.2 million Americans over age 6 are entirely inactive."
  • "People with low levels of physical activity are at higher risk for many different kinds of cancer, heart disease, Alzheimer's disease and early death by any cause."
  • "…the scientific benefits of exercise--slower aging, better mood, less chronic pain, stronger vision, the list goes on--are real, measurable and almost immediate."
  • "…exercise is, as of now, the best way to prevent or delay the onset of Alzheimer's."

How to you carve out time to exercise so you can reap the benefits? That's what I like about Nordic walking. Because it turns walking into a full body activity, I know I'm involving all parts of my body in a single activity. Because I know I'm exercising as soon as I walk out the door and Nordic walk in my neighborhood, I can save the time it takes to drive to the gym.